Friday, October 22, 2010

Pumpkin Patch.

It's fall.  Officially. And finally.

I'm so happy.

Pumpkin!

Don't hate on pumpkin because everyone burns it to a pulp during this time of the year.  
I'm not going to lie.  The Pumpkin Bread was pretty darn tasty.  I thought it was anyway.

Pumpkin should not immediately be envisioned with Pumpkin Pie.

Rather, why not pumpkin bread pudding?

My first vision was pumpkin almond biscotti.  Not exactly epic.

Once I got the biscottis to crisp, I laced them with a chocolate ganche and leaving them out to dry.

Being that San Diego seems to be going through a menopausal stage, it decided to rain.  The problem with that?  I left the kitchen window open, with the result of soft, bread-like cookies.

If you have never heard of a biscotti, that needs to change.  Now.

A biscotti is an Italian, twiced baked cookie, that is meant to be dunked.  Preferably in coffee.

The biscottis tasted good, but they were nothing to be blown away with.
A) It took a day until the spices meshed.
B) Tasted good, but it was like dunking a dry bread-like cookie thing in coffee.
C) It only tasted truly delightful dunked in coffee.

My tastebuds were not satisfied.

I present to you: Pumpkin Almond Chocolate Bread Pudding.

Its not labor intensive, but it is lengthy.  But please do take into consideration the fact that it is gluten free. 

Exactly how many gluten free bread pudding recipes do you come across that tastes good, isn't made from nasty rice bread, and makes your tastebuds sing?

Point proven.  I would say it's worth it. 

On a day it's raining outside and you need and want some comfort food, here you go:

1 comment: